They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day! But we're talking Sunday Brunch today & we're spicing it up with a quick, fun Bloody Mary in under 10 minutes!
So we decided to skip the long lines at our local brunch spot & have friends over instead. We fried up a big batch of bacon, scrambled eggs and creamy shrimp & grits– you know, all the staples of a Southern breakfast! But we still needed a fun Sunday bevy that would hold over our hungry friends until breakfast was served...
Introducing the Bacon + Shrimp Bloody Mary– Sunday Brunch Edition– featuring all the classics: lemon, lime, celery, plus a little heat. We jazzed it up with an hor d'oeuvre (we know, fancy right!) served in the same glass!
So let's get started... With the help of The Houndstooth Prep System, we easily chopped our celery into slimmer sticks & sliced our lemon & lime into perfect wedges. See how The Houndstooth tool made gripping veggies easy!
Still not sure how we got there with the lemon & lime? No worries, here's a quick video on "how to cut a lime" using our Prep System.
So our veggies are cut, now for the garnish or better yet our fancy, breakfast hor d'oeuvre!
- Step 1: Salt the rim of your glass (optional), mix your favorite vodka & bloody mary mix & add your classic garnishes.
- Step 2: The Fun Part...Pop in a piece of extra crispy bacon! Then, insert a toothpick through the tail end & top of the shrimp. Place the toothpick at an angle into the celery & tada! presentation complete.
Sunday Brunch Bacon + Shrimp Bloody Mary
Length of Time: 10 minutes
- 3-4 Ice Cubes
- 2 oz of your favorite Vodka
- We used Tito's Vodka– a glutten free option
- 4 oz of your favorite Bloody Mary Mix
- We used the rich, bold & local Charleston Bloody Mary Mix
- For a universally used, lighter mix, try Zing Zang
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1-2 Dashes of Worcestershire, optional
- 3 Dashes Hot Sauce, optional
- We used Tabasco Sauce
- Rim Salt, optional
- Rim Salt, optional
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 1 Lime wedge
- 1 Celery stick
- 1 Crispy Slice of Bacon, thick sliced
- 1 Large or Jumbo Shrimp*
In an 8 oz glass, add 3-4 ice cubes + 2 oz of Vodka + 4 oz of Bloody Mary Mix.
Next, if needed, add your preferred flavoring & heat:1 Dash of Worcestershire, Couple Shakes of Salt & Pepper, 3 Dashes of Tabasco Sauce
Stir gently moving from bottom to top for a thorough mix.
Add in your celery & pre-cooked bacon.
Cut a perpendicular slice through the middle of the flesh side of your lemon & lime wedges & place over the rim.
Use a toothpick to spear your pre-cooked shrimp* through the top & tail end. Insert the toothpick at an angle into the celery.
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add 3 TBSP of Butter or Olive Oil to medium/large pan over medium heat.
- Season your raw shrimp with Old Bay or favorite seafood seasoning.
- Sautée your shrimp for 2 minutes (depending on size).
- Flip your shrimp to cook the opposite side & cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp is completely opaque & firm.
Get started with The Houndstooth Prep System today & Receive:
- The Houndstooth™ Prep Tool (choose from 6 colors!!)
- The Perfect Bite™ Cutting Board
- Veggie-torials Countertop Guide
- Victorinox 6" PRO Chef's Knife
A $155 value for only $99.95. Buy Now>
To Learn More Watch the Demo Video Below!